What is your COVID-19 protocol?
Please click here for our services during COVID-19 & protocols.
What is the venue’s capacity?
Normally, we allow up to 80 guests for seated receptions or up to 120 guests for cocktail receptions.
During COVID-19, we abide by the current restrictions.
Do you have packages?
Yes! At the top navigation bar, you’ll see WEDDINGS & EVENTS or PHOTO STUDIO. You can select the best option for you from there.
Do you allow pets?
This is subject to approval. If approved, a pet sitter is required at all times. Any cleaning involved or damages will be charged accordingly.
Is there parking available on site?
Yes, there are free parkings available.
Is there any décor provided with my rental?
Yes, we have an available package that includes decor depending on your package selection or booking. Once you fill out one of our quote forms, we will be able to send you options.
Do you provide A/V equipment?
We have partnered with some reputable DJs and we can help you out coordinate your A/V equipment needs.
Do you provide Live Streaming?
Yes! We offer basic and professional live streaming options.
How can you get there by transit?
If riding the subway, exit at Downsview Station. We are right across the Downsview station. It’s a two-minute walk from there to the plaza.
Do you have any accommodations nearby for the wedding party and guests?
Yes, Montecassino hotel is the nearest hotel nearby our venue. About 7-minutes walk.
What is the general process in booking with you?
We require the following to book with us: signed contract, valid ID & contract, required insurances/licences (if applicable) and initial payment at the time of booking + payment for the remaining balance 30 days before the event.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept e-transfer, cheque, direct deposit, money order or cash. We do not accept credit card payments at this time.
What is your payment and cancellation policy?
Should you need to cancel your reservations, your initial payment and all collected payments are non-refundable. The schedule of payment is set up and agreed to in the contract. We can reschedule or provide a credit, admin fees apply.
Do we need to obtain event insurance?
We require clients to obtain liability insurance for any events as part of our terms and conditions.
What are some of the extra charges and fees that we can expect?
Some of the extra charges that will be applied for your reception include:
- 13% HST
- 17% service charge (if applicable): Usually applies for events/all-inclusive packages. Please note that HST is applied to the service charge as well.
- SOCAN & ReSound fees varying from $30-$65 – depending on the type of event.
- For direct deposit payments, subject to an additional fee of $17.50 per transaction. For debit/credit card payments: We charge an extra 4% processing fees. Please note that HST is applied to the service charge as well. No extra charges on e-transfer or cheque payments.
- Event Liability insurance: We usually recommend our partner DUUO or you can get this from one of your insurance providers. The usual costs for events under 2 hours without alcohol & food involved should be less than $20 per day. If it’s a full day event with food and/or alcohol, the costs would be around $150-$250+. However, these are just estimates based on our experience and may not be accurate. We recommend double-checking with your insurance company for current quote.
- Liquor permit (SOP – Special Occassions Permit): this is required if alcohol is involved
GENERAL RULES + RESTRICTIONS
Can I have extra time to set up and clean up?
If you’re only renting our space, the time of your booking with us should include setup & cleaning time. However, if you book a package that includes our setup & cleaning services, your booked hours is your event time. We set up prior and cleaning after your event.
Can we arrange to leave items in the venue overnight?
All items brought into the venue must be packed away at the end of the event.
Do you have to rent a minimum number of hours?
This depends on the date, time and the type of event. Please inquire to confirm.
What happens if there is a power cut?
Hydro outages are not something anyone can control. If power is out, music and lighting will be mostly affected. If clients prefer to be worry-free on this account, backup generators can be rented to have on hand.
Can I rent on a Sunday or a holiday?
Yes, we do allow bookings on a Sunday or a holiday.
Do you book more than one function per day?
Yes, we may book more than one function per day but with different time slots.
Do you have any restrictions on the space?
Restrictions may vary but here are some general ones:
- No smoking
- No open flames or pyrotechnics (candles must be glass-enclosed)
- No fog-producing equipment
- No confetti, flower petals, glitter, or helium balloons
- No fireworks, sky lanterns and any other incendiary items
- No permanent markers of any kind
- No holes may be made in the walls
- Only painter’s tape or command hooks may be used to attach items to the wall or temporarily fix decor
Renters are responsible for any surfaces that are damaged by décor. All décor must be removed by the end of the rental agreement.
Can I use a caterer that is not on your list?
Yes, you can! However, any outside caterers must have insurance and will be subject to a landmark fee.
What is a landmark fee?
Landmark fee (also called commission fee) is a percentage of a caterer’s or supplier total invoice that is paid to the venue for operating within that venue. This fee is applied to the client on the caterer’s invoice, which then gets forwarded to us.
Can I use a food truck for catering?
Depending on the type and date of the event, please inquire.
Can I serve alcohol at my event?
You can bring your own alcohol but only our servers are permitted behind the bar. However, you must obtain an SOP (Special Occasions Permit) online from the AGCO (Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario). This is a requirement by law any time alcohol is served.
Please note that permit applications for public events must be submitted to an LCBO SOP service store at least 30 days before the event takes place, except Private Event applications which must be submitted at least 10 days before the event.
If your caterer has a catering endorsement, they are allowed to sell and serve beverage alcohol. We require your caterer to provide us with a copy of the catering endorsement 10 days prior to the event. In all cases, the permit must be posted at the event.
Can I use my friends or volunteers to staff the bar?
No sorry, only our Smart Serve certified bartenders will be permitted behind the bar. A minimum of one bartender per 50 guests is required at each event.